is made of blackened copper. The monument features a soldier ready to fight with a bayonet. The locals
call this monument Cha Dam or Chao Pho Dam. It was erected to honor Thai soldiers in southern Thailand
who died fighting an invading Japanese force in World War II on December 8, 1941. The monument is on
Ratchadamnoen Road in Fort Vajiravudh which is the headquarters of the Fourth Region Army. The fort
compound itself has conference rooms, guesthouses, a golf course, a shooting range, and a souvenir shop.